Thank you for your interest in working for Highlands State Bank. We are currently accepting applications for the positions below.
Please review the listings below for more information about each opening. Highlands State Bank/Secure Lending Solutions is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Commercial Lender - Passaic and Bergen Counties
This position is responsible for generating a loan portfolio (approximately $10m per year) that primarily includes commercial and industrial (C & I) loans, commercial mortgages, and commercial construction loans as well. This position’s primary focus is to be responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of all types of commercial loans including, C & I, equipment, mortgages and business loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures; developing business checking and deposit relationships with customers; and promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to Carol Hults at email@example.com.
Secure Lending Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Highlands State Bank located in Glen Rock, NJ is looking to hire a Jr. Underwriter for a full time position. Candidates for this position should have 1-2 years experience as a mortgage loan underwriter in a residential mortgage banking environment or 5-7 years experience as a mortgage loan processor in a residential mortgage banking environment.
Candidates for this position will perform the following responsibilities using the required knowledge and tools:
- Perform accurate review of loan data to determine whether loan was processed in accordance with guidelines of FNMA/FHLMC.
- Underwrite conventional loan products to include FNMA/FHLMC loan types in a timely manner.
- Experience with Encompass 360 LOS system.
- Underwrite residential appraisal reports.
- Review credit, employment, income, and assets for loan qualifying purposes.
- Verify loan file is completely in compliance with correspondent guidelines.
- Generate and validate DU/LP AUS findings.
- Collect and uncover missing information and/or discrepancies for each loan underwritten.
- Review support documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ordering of appraisal, credit reports, employment verifications and title reports.
- Ordering 10 tools from government data bases that are required in each loan file processed.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Helen Wyche at firstname.lastname@example.org.